Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Diamond Fork Hotsprings November 2015

So after Moab, I was pretty excited to be outside and explore, but since it was below freezing every night and constantly snowing, there wasn't a whole lot we could do. One weekend, however, we figured that we could go to the hot springs and that it would be good because, well they're hot. So we drove down to Spanish Fork and made the 2 mile trek in and made it to the springs. Now it is about 10 degrees colder up the canyon than it is anywhere else, but the warmness of the springs and the amazing view of the stars due to the minimal light pollution up diamond fork road, made the trip worth it. Except maybe for Easton who wore shorts or Skyler and Tanner who were not expecting such a long journey. Getting out of the springs into the frigid air was what I imagined jumping off an iceberg into the Arctic Sea would be like. It was miserable. I changed as fast as I could and luckily had brought lots of layers. My hair was frozen from being wet and we went as fast as we could to the car. It was definitely worth it, but we decided it would be best to go when it's warmer from then on.






No comments:

Post a Comment