Thursday, September 1, 2016
Bell's Canyon, March 20th 2016
Bells canyon is a cool little hike at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon. I met up with my cousin Hannah who was in town visiting her Aunt and we decided to go hiking. We parked at the base of the canyon and it's about a mile walk up to the first little lake which is really pretty and a great place to hang out and have a picnic. I am an avid rock skipper but I'm pretty sure that it's such a close, popular place that most of the good skipping rocks were gone. We proceeded past the lake to the trail and made our way up another mile and half. We hit some snow on the way up and it was a pit difficult hiking uphill on top of ice and snow but we made it to the waterfall, which is marked by a small green ornament that hangs from a tree where you break off to the left. It's a super pretty waterfall and the surrounding area was covered in snow. You can climb on top of the waterfall and have a really great view of the canyon and it's definitely a good place to watch the sunset. I've heard there is an upper reservoir which is another few miles up which is very secluded and apparently has great fishing. Good future hike idea. Anyways it isn't too difficult of a hike and it's a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment