Tuesday, September 6, 2016

June 28th 2016

So today is my birthday! And I honestly wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anyone other than GV. She was heading on her mission in two weeks and I figured it would be a good day to spend together. She told me she was planning everything, so I just had to wait for the surprise. I had an idea we were heading to Bryce Canyon but I wasn't positive until I got in the car and she told me to head down I-15 South. I broke my phone first thing in the morning so that kind of sucked but it was great day.

We first stopped at Meadow Hot Springs which is about an hour and a half south of Provo. It's a pretty small swimming hole but pretty deep, probably around 10 or 15 feet. The water is very very clear though and you can see straight down to the bottom. They aren't the hottest hot springs that I've been to but they were extremely relaxing and nice. The water was probably 90 degrees. It was great because it wasn't too hot to put your head under and open your eyes and explore.

Afterwards we headed down to Bryce Canyon National Park. It was a park that I hadn't been to yet so I was pretty excited. It is best known for it's interesting rock formations known as hoodoos. We did a short three mile hike after walking around the rim and seeing some of the views. We were super exhausted from not having slept much the night before and getting up early so after the 3 mile hike we decided we would just wander around the park to the different look out points that you could just drive up to. In the afternoon it started to rain on us and then hail on us which was interesting because we had gotten kind of sunburnt earlier in the day. It was a super fun trip though and I wouldn't have wanted to spend my birthday anyway else.








No comments:

Post a Comment